My weekend was highlighted by the spending of exorbitant amounts of money. It’s one of those cases where I allotted this amount of money to buy this one item and ended up spending that much for something(s) else, original intent forgotten. In my instance I spent $500 more than I wanted to buy a dining table and a clearance floor model chair, when I was supposed to be buying bed sets for the guest room and potentially the master suite. The reason being? The beds were WAY more than I anticipated it being, so in my mind I could get a better deal from amazon. I went to Ashley Furniture on a whim because I had this ad with a “free pillow” coupon on it. It all ended up OK because I’d been worrying over buying a decent table anyways and also about another chair for the living room, so the justification was that I was going to get it no matter what. It was just a matter of time. I never did get that pillow… Of course purchases have a way of racking up quickly and soon I was out of money! yay! or not. Now I’m excited to finally have a legitimate table, and not the patio table and folding chairs I’ve been using! Especially now that the patio is fixed, the table, umbrella and chairs can go where they’re supposed to be! And I’ll stop running into the corner of the regular height table with dogs at mouth level with my food.
After all that I didn’t want to go shopping anymore, but I had to buy dog food, ice cream and photo album stuff for my sister which I just realized that I forgot to use my giftcard for. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????? With that said, I STILL have to buy the bed for the guest room even if I have no money and I STILL have to get my brakes checked out.
OK fine, so maybe it was an impulse decision.
In other news, now that I’m running out of time to update, I made great strides in my Samus helmet! Doing it over after all those house spent really does make a difference because in 3/4 of the time of the first one, I’ve gotten much much further to the point of almost done with the basic skeleton.
I’m quite proud of it. There was a massive mistake make upon hot-gluing, but I’ll just have to mask it off somehow with the rest of the costume. Some other areas need some fixing, but that will have to be for another time! I can see now that the painting for the helmet should be easier than the gun. If only I could find my Dremel….